TriCounty Health Department is advising residents to learn about the risk of Hantavirus and how to prevent potential exposure. The warning comes after the death of a Utah County woman to the virus earlier this week, the second Hantavirus caused death in Utah this year. “Hantavirus is a virus carried by rodents and can be passed to humans causing Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome,” shares TriCounty Health. “This disease is rare and symptoms are much like those of influenza infection, followed by coughing and difficulty in breathing as the lungs fill with fluid.” Humans most commonly become infected when inhaling dust that contains dried, contaminated rodent urine or feces. TriCounty Health recommends eliminating possible rodent food sources. To clean rodent droppings always wear rubber gloves, spray urine and droppings with plenty of disinfectant or bleach solution and let it soak. Use disposable towels to wipe up the urine or droppings. Never use a broom or vacuum for the job. Clean the area again with disinfectant or bleach solution. Disinfect your gloves and then wash hands again after taking gloves off.