January is National Radon Action Month and TriCounty Health Department is making it easier than ever to get your home tested. Radon is a colorless, odorless, naturally occurring toxic gas that is emitted from minerals in the ground. Radon comes up from the soil and into your home, explains Eric Larsen of TriCounty Health Department. “Radon is the second leading cause of lung cancer in smokers and the leading cause of lung cancer in non-smokers.” Inexpensive test kits are available at the Health Department and are simple to use. The test unit is placed in the lowest level of the home in an area of low air circulation and is left undisturbed for several days. It is then mailed into a lab and the lab results are returned by mail. For more information, visit www.radon.utah.gov or www.tricountyhealth.com.