Safety Urged After Hunter Dies of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Hunting season is officially underway and hunters are urged to remember safety goes beyond the proper handling of rifles. Parks and Wildlife officials throughout the region have issued a reminder that carbon monoxide poisoning is a real threat after the death of a hunter in western Colorado. The man had not properly prepared for the cold and went to sleep with a gas lantern burning in his tent to try and stay warm. Hunters are urged to always bring gear to stay overnight because weather or other circumstances can occur at any time. Anytime a stove or lantern is enclosed, there needs to be ventilation to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. For more guidelines, visit www.wildlife.utah.gov.

DNR.JPG
Comment

Kristin Baldwin

Kristin never planned to work in news radio but has thoroughly enjoyed being part of the news team at KVEL. Her love of literature and writing developed in high school which led her to study English Literature and Technical Writing at BYU. She received her BA in English from BYU in 2005 and studied at UVU in Orem for 2 semesters to become a Certified Technical Writer in 2006. Two months after completion she began her dream job of being a stay-at-home mom.  As mother of 2 energetic kids, she began writing from home for the KVEL news team in 2011 and considers it the perfect fit as a full time mom and part time writer.