Motorhome Catches Fire on Roosevelt’s Main Street

It was a trip to remember even before disaster struck in Roosevelt for a Colorado family headed home after camping and enjoying some family time at Lagoon. Sarah Graham describes what lead up to the moment disaster struck. She was driving her van on Highway 40 behind the family’s 26-foot motorhome which was being driven by her mother and was occupied by Sarah’s four children. When Sarah’s mother stopped at the light near the Frontier Grill in Roosevelt, the motorhome stalled. As she tried to start it, explains Sarah, the motorhome started smoking and fire quickly engulfed the inside. Thankfully, Sarah’s mother and children were able to quickly exit and no one was injured. Several people from surrounding Main Street businesses rushed to their aid and attempted to put out the fire with extinguishers. Roosevelt Fire responded and put out the fire. According to Roosevelt Police Chief Rick Harrison, the motorhome had mechanical issues that started the fire in the engine compartment and the vehicle was a total loss. Sarah Graham says the family didn’t lose anything majorly important and thanked all the kind citizens of Roosevelt who came to their support in their time of need. In her words, “The kids will never forget this trip!” We can only imagine!

IMG_8422.JPG
IMG_8423.JPG
IMG_8424.JPG
Comment

Kristin Baldwin

Kristin never planned to work in news radio but has thoroughly enjoyed being part of the news team at KVEL. Her love of literature and writing developed in high school which led her to study English Literature and Technical Writing at BYU. She received her BA in English from BYU in 2005 and studied at UVU in Orem for 2 semesters to become a Certified Technical Writer in 2006. Two months after completion she began her dream job of being a stay-at-home mom.  As mother of 2 energetic kids, she began writing from home for the KVEL news team in 2011 and considers it the perfect fit as a full time mom and part time writer.