Ignited Bird’s Nest Cause of Home Fire in Moffat County

An important lesson was learned in Moffat County last week: Always check for birds nests on the roof before firing up the wood stove! The Craig Fire Department responded to a home fire on Wednesday south of Craig just before midnight. According to the report, the log style home caught on fire due to a bird nest cozied up next to the chimney on the roof. The nest caught fire which spread along the exterior of the home.  Thankfully the fire was quickly contained and no part of the home’s interior was affected. With the cold temperatures here, residents are encouraged to clean their fireplaces including a check of the areas around the chimney in and outside the home.

Comment

Kristin Baldwin

Kristin never planned to work in news radio but has thoroughly enjoyed being part of the news team at KVEL. Her love of literature and writing developed in high school which led her to study English Literature and Technical Writing at BYU. She received her BA in English from BYU in 2005 and studied at UVU in Orem for 2 semesters to become a Certified Technical Writer in 2006. Two months after completion she began her dream job of being a stay-at-home mom.  As mother of 2 energetic kids, she began writing from home for the KVEL news team in 2011 and considers it the perfect fit as a full time mom and part time writer.