Camper a Total Loss in Vernal Fire

The pleasant fall weather ran out on Thursday with cold temperatures and the area’s first real snow. Vernal Fire Department responded to a fire early Friday morning after 5:00am possibly started by a space heater. According to Uintah County Fire Marshal Jeremy Raymond, the fire involved a camping trailer located at approximately 1500 West 1700 North. Raymond estimates the damage at approximately $5000 dollars. Thankfully, no one was hurt. “Turn space heaters off before you go to bed,” reminds Raymond, “and keep them 3 feet away from combustibles.” The trailer was a total loss.

Comment

Kristin Baldwin

Kristin never planned to work in news radio but has thoroughly enjoyed being part of the news team at KVEL. Her love of literature and writing developed in high school which led her to study English Literature and Technical Writing at BYU. She received her BA in English from BYU in 2005 and studied at UVU in Orem for 2 semesters to become a Certified Technical Writer in 2006. Two months after completion she began her dream job of being a stay-at-home mom.  As mother of 2 energetic kids, she began writing from home for the KVEL news team in 2011 and considers it the perfect fit as a full time mom and part time writer.